Australian Principals Federation
An Introduction to the Australian Principals Federation:
The Australian Principals Federation represents State Primary and Secondary Principals and Assistant Principals in the industrial arena in the states of Victoria and Western Australia.
If you are interested in becoming a member please download our application form here. (This application can be completed in Adobe Acrobat and emailed to
[ Having trouble logging in? click here ]
Why should you become a member of the APF ?
- The APF is the only registered organisation with the Fair Work Commission that provides support, advice ad legal protection exclusively to the Principal Class for employment related matters
- The APF is an independent organisation with the sole focus on School leaders issues and concerns
- The APF provides advice, support, advocacy and intervention for a range issues including but not limited to, matters of complaints, conflict of interest, contract renewal, classification, range review, Workcover, MPB, VIT, salary matters and others
- To negotiate and action advocacy under any industrial or other legislation, for the purpose of securing satisfactory industrial conditions in respect of the remuneration of labour, the hours of labour, the age of employees and other conditions in or about their employment
- To represent members individually or collectively in negotiations with any relevant body, government or government department
- To promote cooperation between the Federation and all organisations representing the professional interests of members
- To seek legal advice and to engage legal counsel where necessary, on behalf of any member in responding to, or defending allegations which, if proved, may lead to disciplinary action against a member
- To facilitate the exchange of information and maximise cooperation between members employed in different categories of State Schools and in different State School systems for the purposes of advancing their respective interests.
It is our intention to bring our members the most up to date information via this site. We recommend that you check the APF News regularly for updates. We are adding information and link all the time.